published on in People

Ezra Miller Missing: Is He Involved In The Vermont Case?

US Police are searching for a young mother and her three children who are reportedly missing and had been living at actor Ezra Miller’s farm in Vermont, with authorities suspecting that he may have hidden their location.

Rolling Stone now reports that Vermont State Police attempted to serve an emergency care order to the woman over the weekend, which demanded the children’s removal from her care due to concerns for their safety, following reports in June that Ezra Miller was housing a mother and her three children in allegedly unsafe conditions.

Miller said the family hadn’t resided there for months, and according to court filings, police believed this was an attempt to “evade service” of the order.

The FLASH actor reportedly claimed that the family left the property almost 2 months ago and he has not seen them ever since. But In the court documents, the Vermont State Attorney’s office reportedly said they have reasons to believe that the actor could be helping the mom actually evade an emergency order that is trying to take the children away from the mother and remove her from custody. 

According to the order, “remaining in the house is adverse to the child’s welfare” and that the kids’ “safety cannot be reasonably secured” if they stay “in the custody of the child’s father, guardian, or custodian,” respectively, Rolling Stone reports.

According to the publication, police once more visited Miller’s home on Tuesday night for roughly an hour.

When contacted by the Peoples Magazine, Vermont State Police forwarded inquiries to the Vermont Department for Children and Families, which declined to comment on specific instances out of respect for privacy. Requests for a response from PEOPLE were not immediately answered by Miller’s representatives or those of the Vermont State Attorney’s office.

The father of the three children told Rolling Stone in June that he is very much worried about the well-being of his 3 children. He also claimed that guns and marijuana were easily made accessible to them at Ezra Miller’s farm. 

The mother on the other hand reportedly said that ‘Miller has been nothing but kind to me and my family. He’s helped us get away from what we can call an abusive ex-boyfriend, he took care of our needs when we were left  stranded and expressed gratitude for having a “safe environment.” She said Miller’s farm was “a healing haven for us.”

“I got a bad feeling in my stomach. I do want to go get my kids, they mean the f—ing world to me,” At the time, the father said that Miller had flown the wife and her children to Vermont after meeting them earlier this year in Hawaii.

Miller, according to the mother at the time “may possess firearms for self-defense, which are kept in an area of the house that the kids never enter. Thanks to Ezra’s care and protection, my kids are more able to unwind and focus on their rehabilitation.”

Authorities located Miller on Sunday night, and the actor has been summoned to attend a court hearing in Vermont Superior Court Bennington Criminal Division on Sept. 26.

Separately, on May 1, at about 5:55 p.m. local time, the Vermont State Police received a report of a break-in at Isaac B. Winokur’s home in Stamford, Vermont, and reported: that “many bottles of alcohol were removed from within the residence while the homeowners were not present.” Police claimed to have “probable cause” to charge Miller “with the offence of felony burglary into an uninhabited residence” after reviewing security footage and interviewing witnesses.

Miller was found on Sunday night by law enforcement, and he has been ordered to appear in court on September 26 in Vermont Superior Court, Bennington Criminal Division.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunCx2auYZqWZobmmvoymoKyrmaO0cA%3D%3D